Website unit/regression testing tool
Unit test your websites with code that acts like a web browser.
Features in a nutshell:
- Browser-like page fetching including fetching the images and stylesheets
needed for a page and following redirects
- Cookies stored and trackable (all automatically handled)
- HTTP, HTTPS, GET, POST, basic auth all handled, control over expected
status codes, ...
- DOM parsing of pages to retrieve and analyse structure, including simple
- Two-line page-fetch followed by form-submit possible, with error
- Ability to register error page content across multiple tests
- Uses python's standard unittest module as the underlying
This is the home of the webunit code. The code comes with a README (see below)
that should get people going, and also a couple of simple demo tests. There's
some good (and not so good) docstrings throughout the code. Start with the
README though, as an overview of what can be done.