neowert home

If you want a few enhancemnets on my game..

Posted on 2005/09/07 22:07

There are a few mistakes I made in packaging that are easy to fix on my game. First, not being able to finish: Somewhere near the bottom of zombie.py there are 2 lines:
event_grid[27][114] = 2
event_grid[28][114] = 2

change the 114s to 113s. I forgot to account for the array starting at 0 :(. You will then be able to finish

Second, my engine supports sprite animation, but I messed up on the file format while rushing (I finished the game 16 minutes before deadline). open animations.pickle with any text editor, and after every # sign, add the number 300 on its own line. For example:

#
53
61

should be:
#
300
53
61

Here is the whole edited file for your convienience:
#
300
53
61
#
300
54
62
#
300
55
63
#
300
56
64
#
300
57
65
#
300
58
66
#
300
59
67
#
300
60
68
How this file works is # designates a new animation. The first number is how often in ms the animation updates. All the other numbers index an image in index.txt. So in the release I forgot to put in the framerate

Add comment