Richard Jones' Log: What's new in Zope 2.7.0
Wed, 11 Feb 2004
- The new configuration system, modelled on the apache config file, replaces the old mess of environment variables, command-line switches and editing of the command-line script with a config file. A lot of additional configuration housecleaning was performed.
- Installation is now easier
- The software is now installed using standard mechanisms (no more obscure "python wo_pcgi.py"!), and doesn't run in the downloaded directory. Installing individual Zope instances is done using mkzopeinstance. Installing ZEO is also now easy, with mkzeoinstance.
- The old Zope combined runtime/manager has been replaced by a more clean separated daemon and manager (using zopectl). The Windows installer contains NT/2K/XP service support on a per-instance-home basis.
- Other stuff
- Added (my ;) reStructuredText document content type. Ordered folder support is now built in. Control Panel improvements (manage mounted databases and see all medusa servers).
- General maintenance
- There's been a lot of bug fixes. More importantly, there was a security audit which closed a number of potential holes
All in all, a fine release.