Richard Jones' Log: PyWeek Game Programming Challenge dates set!
The date for the first PyWeek challenge has been set: Sunday August 28 to Sunday September 4 (00:00UTC to 00:00UTC). The PyWeek competition:
- Invites all Python programmers to write a game in one week from scratch either as an individual or in a team,
- Is intended to be challenging and fun,
- Will hopefully increase the public body of python game tools, code and expertise,
- Will let a lot of people actually finish a game, and
- May inspire new projects (with ready made teams!)
Entries must be developed during the competition, and must incorporate some theme decided at the start of the competition.
See the competition timetable (including competition dates in various timezones), rules, sign-up (commencing 6th August) at: