Richard Jones' Log: Registration for the Python Game Programming Challenge is now open!
Registration is now open for the first Python Game Programming Challenge (also known as PyWeek). The challenge runs from Sunday August 28th to Sunday September 4th. That means there's only (checks website) 29 days to go before the challenge starts! Full details about the challenge, and registration, at the PyWeek website.
You may enter either individually or as a team. If you're keen and would like to join a team, but can't organise your friends, then sign up anyway and offer your services to other entrants. The challenge will use skills in Python programming, graphics, sound or music.
For those who came in late, the PyWeek challenge:
- Invites entrants to create a game (coded in Python) in one week from scratch either as an individual or in a team,
- Aims to be challenging and fun,
- Entries must be developed during the competition, and must incorporate some theme decided at the start of the competition,
- Will hopefully increase the public body of python game tools, code and expertise,
- Will let a lot of people actually finish a game, and
- May inspire new projects (with ready made teams!)